Tour Map

Tour Map

Thursday 10 March 2011

Day 1-2: ROME


Italy will be most attractive during the summer season, which is why I will begin my trip in June.  For this trip, relaxation is not a primary objective. Accommodations will consist of hostels and my extended family, who are residents of Italy.  Hostel prices range from 20 to 30 Euros per night depending on the city.  Accomadations a la famalia will be no additional cost. Baggage will consist of a large rucksack to ensure easy mobility.  I have also decided to travel alone, relying on my own resourcefulness and outgoing personality to enjoy every minute while staying safe. 

1300 Flight + 473 Eurail + 250 Hostel + 700 Spending = $2723 CAD Total

Upon arriving in Rome, my first destination will be the Coliseum.  Rome is a sprawling metropolis home to over 2.7 million residents. Taxi or bus will be the easiest mode of transportation to tour this ancient amphitheater that once held gladiator contests and public spectacles.  




























After Arriving at 3:00 pm local time, this is the only attraction I will have the time or energy to engage in.  It will then be time to check-in at the hostel and recuperate for Day 2 in Rome.

Day 2 - The Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and a Football Match


The Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps are both architectural landmarks located very close to each other within Rome.  History and architecture enthrall my senses and these two sites will provide me with stunning visuals and intellectual stimulation.  Legend has it that if you throw a coin into the fountain, you will return to the eternal city.
The Spanish Steps located at the Piazza di Spagna. 


The Trevi Fountain



No comments:

Post a Comment