Tour Map

Tour Map

Monday 21 March 2011

Why

Italian culture has always been a strong influence in my daily life, as my mother was born there.  Her family immigrated to Canada when she was only a small child, however they visited relatives that chose to stay in Italy a total of five or six times before my mother graduated high school.  It is because of this upbringing that my mother learned the Italian language and, most importantly, how to cook traditional Italian dishes.  In raising my brother and I, we learned how to speak Italian. As a single parent, she could not afford to travel to Italy to show us the Italian culture first hand.  After I graduate from UWO, I will embark on this trip to experience five iconic cities in Italy.

Transportation Details 

My 10 day excursion will begin with a $1300 CAD round trip flight purchase from Toronto's Pearson Airport to Rome's Leonardo DaVinci Airport.  Jet lag will be a factor as there is a five hour time difference. 

Before departure, I will purchase a Eurail Pass online for $473 CAD.  This will enable me to travel to each destination by passenger rail.  The initial map I posted is purely for a distance perspective and does not represent the actual railway lines I will use.

Railway System of Italy
 
Click For Detailed Railway System



No comments:

Post a Comment